The AILASA Early Career Researcher Prize is awarded annually for the best journal article by an Early Career Researcher (5 years since the award of the PhD at the final submission date for the prize) in the discipline of Iberian and Latin American Studies; including history, politics, literary and cultural studies, or any other field in the Humanities and Social and Sciences more broadly. The prize will be awarded to a single- or multi-authored journal article published in 2019.
The prize of $250 AUD will be awarded in 2020. The winner will be announced by 30 October. The judging panel will consist of the President of AILASA, or his or her representative, and up to three other judges, including where possible one of the editors of the Journal of Iberian and Latin American Research. Past winners of the Prize will be encouraged to participate in the judging process. Only one award will be made per year. The judging panel reserves the right to not award a prize in any given year.
In order to be eligible for consideration by the judging panel, the following eligibility criteria must be met:
1) Only one journal article may be submitted per applicant per year.
2) The journal article must be on a topic related to Iberian or Latin American Studies in the Humanities and Political and Social Sciences. It may be written in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
3) Book chapters, publications in conference proceedings, review articles, etc. are ineligible for the prize.
4) The author must be a current (paid up) member of AILASA to be eligible to apply.
5) In the case of multiple authors, the Early Career Researcher should be the lead author.
6) An electronic copy of the article (PDF or other format) must be submitted to the AILASA secretary by Friday 31 May 2020. Submission is electronic via the AILASA Secretary, Robin Robb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The winning author will be informed by 30 October 2020 via email by the President of AILASA. Details of the winning article and author will be posted on the AILASA website. The judging panel may choose to announce a short list of 3 publications. If this occurs, the details of the articles and authors on the short list will also be posted on the AILASA website.